Interesting facts about Nepal
More to Nepal Than Meets your Eyes
Nepal is a popular mountainous country in the world that the tourists from all around the globe dreamed about. This small beauty queen, a paradise in earth is recognized for its compelling beauty, hefty mountains, and lovely snow-capped mountain ranges. Even more, the culture, peace and love. These are the things that every one heard about. But what are the things more to Nepal than meets the eye? Here are some stunning things that may inspire you about Nepal.
Facts about Himalayas in Nepal
- Eight among the top ten Himalays in the world lies in Nepal. There are more than 1300 peak higher than 6000 m. Highest peaks in Nepa are: Nepa Mount Everest (8,848m), Kanchenjunga, (8,586m), Lhotse (8,516m), Makalu (8,463m),Cho Oyu (8,201m),Dhaulagiri (8,167m),Manaslu (8,163m),Annapurna (8,091m)
- Tilicho Lake (5099m) is the highest lake in the world.
- The deepest george (Kali Gandaki) lies in Nepal, Between Annapurna and Dhaulagiri Himal.
- Nepal is one of the steepest country in the word. Elevation range from 65 m to 8848 stands within 150 km in horizontal distance.
- There are more than 848 species of birds in Nepal.
- Sarus crane (Antigone antigone), the biggest flying bird in the world is found in Nepal. Rupandehi and Kapilavastu are stronghold districts of Sarus crane. i.e, with more than 85% of its overall population.
- The smallest bird, Rufos Piculet Woodpecker, approximatley 10cm is available in Nepal.
- 650 species of butterflies are found in Nepal.
- Nepal wild honeybees are the largest in the world.
- Yeti, a snowman, said to be witnessed in Himalayas of Nepal.
- Nepal holds about 10% of flora and fauna of the world.
Tourism in Nepal
Tourism , the major industry in Nepal, is the strongest contributor of foreign exchange and income. Containing the worlds’ top eight highest mountains in the world, this stunning land is a gateway for those who love adventure. Trekking in Nepal is the most popular adventure in the world.
From mountain biking to bungee jumping, rock climbing to mountain climbing, trekking, hiking, paragliding bird watching, Mountian flights, hot air ballooning over the Himalayas , rafting , jungle safari , all kinds of major tours and adventures are available in Nepal.